Wednesday, October 25, 2006

U.S. troops call for Iraq withdrawal

U.S. troops call for Iraq withdrawal
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More than 200 active duty U.S. armed service members, fed up with the war in Iraq, have joined an unusual protest calling for withdrawal of U.S. troops from the country, organisers said on Wednesday.

The campaign, called the Appeal for Redress from the War in Iraq, is the first of its kind in the Iraq war and takes advantage of U.S. Defence Department rules allowing active duty troops to express personal (Advertisement) opinions to members of Congress without fear of retaliation, organisers said.
If this makes big news, I expect a lot of right-wing hate to come spewing at these guys. I always thought it was incredibly stupid that they were able to associate support the troops with war. I'd hate a war monger to be my spokseperson if I was in the military.

No comments:

Search This Blog