Friday, February 08, 2008

Electability

Here's my pop psychology analysis of the day. Methinks that there are many democrats whose most important criteria for a democratic candidate is that they can win the general election. Depending upon what you think is needed, you might break either for Clinton (knows how to handle the Republican attacks) or Obama (inspirational and draws independents from McCain). For this reason, I think Obama is wise to play up that he beats McCain in the current polls. Also, if Obama takes the lead in delegates after some upcoming causcuses, then that could be a big momentum swing for Obama. People like a winner. In the back of my mind, I always thought that Hilary would win, but I'm not so sure anymore.

In other news, Mitt's exit speech was a real classy act.

Jon Stewart had the appropriate response.

No comments:

Search This Blog